on Lordís Day 2
To know the joy of faith, we must first
know our misery out of the Law of God.
We see the law as
- Revealed by God the Father
- Summarized by God the Son
- Applied by God the Spirit
The law of God gives us some really bad news.
- The function of the law
- The focus of the law
- The fulfillment of the law
I am a sinner.
- Godís law discovers that in me
- That still pierces Christ
- I acknowledge that for myself.
Our misery revealed through the Law.
- In what way?
- With what result?
The Spirit of God leads us to the knowledge
of our misery, because
- He discovered Godís law in us
- He discovered us in Godís law.
How do I come to the true knowledge of misery?
- The answer comes from Godís Law
- The answer comes through Godís Spirit
By Godís law we are pointed from death to
- The lawís demand.
- The lawís verdict.
- The lawís fulfillment.
The thankfulness of the redeemed in the confession
of their misery.
Because they confess their misery, believing
- in God the Father and our creation.
- in God the Son and our redemption
- in God the Holy Spirit and our sanctification.
Through the law comes the knowledge of misery
- The light of the law shows us our misery
- The demand of the law describes the greatness of our misery
- The transgression of the law proves our misery.
Three questions for miserable people:
- The first question: Are
you personally miserable?
- The second question: What
is the demand of the law?
- The third question: What
is your relationship to the law?