Lordís Day 29 Themes and Divisions
The False and True Doctrine of the Lordís Supper
1. The error of men
2. The purpose of Christ
3. The work of the Holy Spirit
The True Lordís Supper
1. Jesusí great knowledge of man
2. Jesusí tender love for sinners.
3. Jesusí divine majesty
The body and blood of the Lord
1. What Rome makes of it
2. What the Word says about it
3. What faith finds in it
The Lordís Supper and the Cross
1. In the Lordís Supper one sees the cross
2. And one receives the fruit of the cross
The confession concerning the real truth in the Lordís Supper.
1. No magic formula (but)
2. A greater marvel
Jesus Christ is truly present in the Lordís Supper
1. The nature of this true presence
2. The benefits of this true presence
Christ receives us into his fellowship at the Lordís Supper
He does that:
1. Through the sign language of the sacrament
2. For the strengthening of your faith
3. For the confirmation of the loving bond with each other
F.A. Den Boeft
The desire for unity at the Lordís Supper table
1. How the table is broken
2. How the broken table is restored
3. The revelation of the one table.
Unless you eat Christís body and drink Christís blood you have no life in you.
1. This occurs through faith
2. This strengthens faith.
Christís presence in the Lordís Supper
1. The mistaken ideas
2. The true meaning
3. The benefits